This guide will show you how to download and install IPTV on Philips TV. The word IPTV stands for Internet Protocol Television. This is a modern TV broadcasting service which allows you to stream unlimited channels on your smart TV. If you have Philips smart tv, then you can easily enable this service by following a simple procedure given below in this article. Before skipping to that part, let us know more about IPTV, it’s working, and how it is beneficial for you.
Basically, IPTV works on the principle of Internet Protocol, which is probably known to you. IPTV uses internet protocol to provide you various features on your smart TV, Philips TV in this case. So, it collects the command from you and sends those to IP servers. After processing that data, required content will be sent back to the IPTV server and finally to you through the screen of your device.
Now, coming to the part of features, some of the popular features include a wide range of channels of different countries, different languages, and different genres. Using IPTV for channel streaming is quite secure and reliable because unlike old television methods, it does not require intricate cable fittings and connections. By using this, you only pay for the content which you want to see. It also provides you with the feature of recording your favorite TV shows, movies, and TV series. That recorded content is accessible to watch them later anytime. Apart from this, many other useful features are provided by IPTV services which are worth spending on them.
How to Setup IPTV on Philips Smart TV
As most of you already know that Philips TV work upon Android OS. Hence, it is clearly simple to setup IPTV service on Philips TV like any other Android TV. To learn how to setup IPTV on Philips TV, go through the detailed procedure given below in this article carefully. Instructions to install IPTV on Philips Smart TV are as follows:
- First of all, download the Perfect Player app from the app store to proceed further.
- Now locate the downloaded app in your device and launch it.
- After opening the Perfect Player, navigate to the Settings option.
- Now, enter into the General section and then open the Playlist option. A popup will appear.
- In here, enter the URL and Name in the required fields. After that, click on the OK button.
- Now, visit the EPG option, and you’ll again see a popup message.
- It will require the EPG URL. Click on the OK button after entering that URL.
- Now, get back to the Settings section and open Playback option in here
- Make sure to check Change system volume option
- Again get back to Settings and open GUI option
- In here, check the Show channels as a group option
- After that, restart the Perfect Player app, and you’ll see channels playlist on the left-hand side
- Using your Philips TV remote, select any channel you want to stream
- Enjoy the show
Note: Another important thing is that you should install a VPN on your device to avoid problems while streaming copyrighted or pirated contents. As VPN allow safe access to geo-restricted contents and some of the hidden content also.
Also, Check – How to Download and Install IPTV on Roku
How to Setup VPN on Your Philips TV
There are several things you need to set up a VPN connection on your Philips TV. You need a laptop or PC with Wireless network adapter and RJ45 port, reliable internet connection, VPN service, and a cross-over Ethernet cable. Now, configure a PPTP VPN connection on your laptop and connect it with your TV using Ethernet cable. After that, follow the instructions given below:
- Follow Start->Control Panel->Network and Internet this path on your laptop.
- Now open Network and Sharing Center link and then Local Area Connection under View your Active Networks
- Now visit Properties>Internet Protocol Version 4 and get back to Properties
- Select the button saying Obtain an IP address automatically
- Now click VPN connection and then Sharing Tab under Properties
- Select this option Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection
- Select Local Area Connection in Home Networking Connection
- Start your Philips TV and navigate to Setup->Installation->Network->Network Selection after pressing the Home button
- Select Wired option and then press Menu to exit
- VPN connection set up successfully
Here we came to end this article about how to download & Install IPTV on Philips TV. I hope you like this article if you have any doubt regarding installation guide then feel free to comment below.